So this is how they get started…
I was thinking if it’s reasonable to start a blog about personal finance.
Lot of them already, but they don’t bring happiness to anybody except their authors. Wait, or?
And then I checked, what I did during my commute to work everyday. I was reading personal finance blogs! And they helped me to figure out a lot of things! Namely:
- how to start a blog (and why I should)
- how to save money and start investing (and what companies would be good targets for the investments)
- how to practice frugal living
- personal finance community is actually very friendly and nice people!
For these reasons I decided to share my journey:
- for the sake of it
- for whoever will read, have fun and something useful out of it
What’s special about my journey
I live in Russia now. But as you probably know, Russia does a lot of things, that I personally don’t approve. So I have a big goal to move elsewhere.
Another big goal is to do that frugally 🙂
I’ve heard about the D7 visa in Portugal. I’ve never been there, but my spouse was and says it’s a great place. So I’m putting it as a goal: to live some time in Portugal and spend there some of my passive income.
Let’s see, how it works out!